Please submit your Hero/Heroine via our Contact Us page, and send us your nominations.
You may not post new threads but you can reply to these threads offering congratulations and support.

Old 17-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #11
teapot8910

Type of Diabetes: Type 1
Congratulations Pippin! xx
Old 17-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #12
lucy123

Type of Diabetes: Type 2
Yes - well done Pippin - so much to cope with, but you are doing so well.
Old 18-03-2011, 14:54 PM   #13
pippin

Type of Diabetes: Carer/None
I am shocked! I was just passing by and noticed my profile name thought it was my recent post until I read where it was - blushing so much. Thank you Northerner and everyone who has added their comments. I can assure you I am nothing special just doing things for my dad who is very special to me.

I have to admit today I am feeling very tired & tearful so this post has made me smile and blush at the same time!

I have been away reading as much as I can for both diets and am understanding a little more about the healing diet for gout although still working a balance between both. I should be able to post more details through time as it may help someone else who comes to the forum and finds they are coping with both conditions.

Whilst there has been some improvement it is slow. I have just finished my feet and knee check doing the podiatry things as dad can't go on Monday. Noticed his lower leg was swollen so I have prescribed……leg elevated until we get this under control.

I am sure there are others coping with diabetes who deserve a place in here. I have to say thank you especially to Northerner just when I was feeling a little down this forum (yet again) was here to support me in such an unexpected way! I didn't even think I would have been online today.

The forum admin/moderators and each member are my heros and heroines

Last edited by pippin; 18-03-2011 at 15:01 PM.. Reason: spelling!
pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 15:58 PM   #14
cakemaker

Type of Diabetes: Carer/Partner/None
Hi Pippin,
I was so impressed by your reply to a recent thread I posted and your totally unselfish attitude. My daughter loves her dad but I doubt that she could or would want to do for her dad what you do for yours. He's very lucky to have you.
I suspect that he must be really nice himself to have a daughter like you because you don't seem to have any resentment towards him or his condition.
I'm caring for my husband and that is quite different to caring for one's parents.
Don't forget that you also have a life and getting the right balance is important. I'm sure your dad would agree.
Love and best wishes to you
cakemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 17:00 PM   #15
pippin

Hi cakemaker

I am so embarrassed, I don't deserve any of your kind words!
You have more than enough to cope with with your situation which I sympathise with even though our circumstances are so different.*

Dad is more than good to me and often the roles are reversed and he cares for me when my health holds me back a little. We have always been a very close family, been through caring for my mum who had MND dad was the brave one then as he tried to keep the details of this devastating illness to himself for as long as possible. Dad was under such stress it caused damage to his heart valve then diabetes was added although his case of diabetes isn't a typical one.

I really love to care, I get tired as I don't have much energy but if I can do nothing else in the day I make sure to cook for dad (he hasn't a clue how to cook) I know one thing with the recipes you have posted and details about your B&B he would be flying over as he loves good food!*

Thank you very much for your extremely kind words. Your daughter may surprise you as when times like this arrive and there is no one else I'm sure she would do things which you are doing now.*

I read posts up here and am in great admiration for the things people cope with and I learn from them. I am following your posts although I can't help the same way the experts can please be assured if ever you need help/friendship as a carer I am here feel free to message me. I know cutting down foods at the beginning isn't easy, thankfully dad has taken steps himself and understands a lot more why I have to watch portion sizes and he doesn't have weight to loose too.

I genuinely love my dad so much my world would be devastated if I didn't have him. I lost my mum and couldn't cope without dad. We are even closer now and poor dad has learned how to admire new clothes and listen to me chatting about Skincare (rolling his eyes when he thinks I'm not looking!) it works both ways I could never repay dad for all the things he does for me.

Many thanks for being so kind to me today*
Old 22-04-2012, 17:29 PM   #16
HOBIE

GOOD STUFF PIPPIN i am sure you deserve this
HOBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 17:47 PM   #17
Sazzaroo

Type of Diabetes: Type 2
Many congrats Pippin woooo hoo!
Old 22-04-2012, 20:00 PM   #18
AJLang

Congratulations
Pippin, you really deserve this award
Old 23-04-2012, 13:15 PM   #19
Catwoman76

Congratulations and very well deserved Sheena
Catwoman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 13:21 PM   #20
pippin

Everyone is so kind but I have to thank all of you as it's only through your posts on this forum that I have learned to cope with things. I count everyone as a support team and only wish I was able to help each of you more when complications with your daily lives arrive due to diabetes and other factors.

I read all posts even though I don't enter into them I can assure you I think of everyone as friends. I don't know how dad and I would have coped without the knowledge gleaned from this forum. Staff and members are my heros and heroines